Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 27 2014 HW

Finney 1
Jill Finney

RWS 100

Mr. Werry

27 August 2014

HW


                    My prospective major in attending San Diego State University is in studying Kinesiology with an emphasis in Fitness Specialties. In my high school English classes we did use terminology such as “claims” and  “evidence” in regards to commentaries that we completed. Terms like these were to point out what the author was trying to accomplish in his or her writing (claims), and how these points were backed up (evidence). Additionally, the terms “claim” and “evidence” often needed to be pointed out in majority of the papers written in my high school English classes. Outside of writings in school, I do enjoy journaling sometimes. I mostly use writing in a journal as an escape for my emotions. Typically I enjoy writing out how I feel over talking about how I feel. This way I can take time to really organize my thoughts and specify on what it is that’s actually wrong. However as a writer, generally speaking, I don’t believe that I have the strongest skills. I want to be able to change that of course, and I’m hoping that writing will become easier for me and not as much of a chore.  This leads into my goal for this class, to become more comfortable and confident in my writings, and to develop stronger skills that can help me throughout the remainder of my life in college as well as beyond.


No comments:

Post a Comment